Psalm 150 (The Message)

Hallelujah!
Praise God in his holy house of worship, praise him under the open skies; Praise him for his acts of power, Praise him for his magnificent greatness; Praise with a blast on the trumpet, praise by strumming soft strings; Praise him with castanets and dance, praise him with banjo and flute; Praise him with cymbals and a big bass drum, praise him with fiddles and mandolin. Let every living, breathing creature praise God!
Hallelujah!

Monday, May 07, 2007

Raindrops Are Falling On Our Heads

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit,
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'
So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done
Sleepin' on the job
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin
'But there's one thing I know
The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me
It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me
Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me'
Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm freeNothin's worryin' me

I am so proud to be a member of X-ALT!

We arrived at the Sumner County Fairgrounds for the American Cancer Society "Relay For Life" Friday around 8:00PM. It was starting to sprinkle as it had been all day long but the forecast was calling for heavy storms with thunder and lightning - and the forecast was right. Around 9:00 the bottom fell out. Some of the scheduled bands cancelled but we were there and although there was a lot of concern we decided to wait it out and see what happened. The ceremony scheduled to start at 9:00 was delayed for about 20 minutes and the track was cleared due to lightning. As the water started to flood the set up area we started to quickly put our equipment on the stage and begin our set up. The rain slacked off to a steady downpour but they began the ceremony around 9:30. By 10:00PM, when we were scheduled to start, the rain was still coming down but a few of the walkers has returned to the track as others started giving up and packing to go home. We were given the nod and started our set and it was like God was listening, the longer we played the less it rained and by our last song, an hour and a half later the rain had cleared and we even had some young and very excited dancers in front of the stage.

What could have been a total wash out turned into an evening to remember. I've said it before and I will continue to say it "God is good and works miracles every day." The "Relay for Life" was a blessing for us and it raised a lot of money for a great cause, and I hope God was glorified by both.
Here are some pictures from the event...





No comments: